Triple Crown Team Challenge
Triple Crown Team Challenge
Looking for an extra challenge? Put together a team for the Triple Crown Team Challenge. Your team can choose to participate in any individual or all 3 races. Three team divisions are also available: Male, Female, and Coed. This is an exciting way to show your true "team" spirit. You will not only compete for team awards; each team member is also eligible for an individual time and awards!
Grab three to five friends, family members or co-workers and compete to display the Anthem 5K Fitness Classic, Rodes City Run 10K, Papa John's 10 Miler, or Louisville Triple Crown of Running℠ Team Challenge plaque.
- Teams will consist of three (3) to five (5) members.
- Teams will compete in one of three divisions: Male, Female, or Coed. A Coed team must have at least two (2) female members.
- Each team member must be registered for the race. The team registration form only serves as a team roster.
- Teams must be registered by the deadlines for each race. Deadlines for each race are listed below. In order to be eligible for the Team Challenge Triple Crown Award, the same team members must run each race. A team must win all three Triple Crown Team Challenges to win the Team Challenge Triple Crown Award for their division.
- Each team must assign a team captain.
- Chip time will be used to determine finish times.
- At least three team members must finish the race to be eligible for a team result.
- The top team in each division will receive awards for each race.
- Participants can only compete for one team in one division.
ScoringEach team challenge member will receive a finish score based on their order of finish among all team challenge participants. For example 1st place will be awarded 1 point, 2nd place will be awarded 2 points, and so on for all team challenge finishers.
- Team results will be based on the combined finish times for the top three finishers on each team. For teams in the Coed division, at least one female member will be counted in the three finish times.
- The team with the fastest combined team time in each division will be crowned the Team Challenge Champions for that race.
- Awards will be given to the top team in each division.
- Team Challenge deadline for the Triple Crown is February 15, 2016.
- Team Challenge deadline for the Anthem 5K Fitness Classic is February 15, 2016.
- Team Challenge deadline for the Rodes City Run 10K is February 29, 2016.
- Team Challenge deadline for the Papa John's 10 Miler is March 14, 2016.
Race Updates/News & Events
Online Registration is open for the Triple Crown Series
New sponsors for the 2015 Race Season Find Out More
Louisville Triple Crown of Running℠ Donates $142,639 to the WHAS Crusade for Children
Major Sponsors include Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Rodes For Him & For Her, Papa John's International and Novo Nordisk Find Out More
Bridge Construction Impacts Triple Crown Series
Revised Courses for Anthem 5K Fitness Classic and Rodes City Run Find Out More
These training programs are a balance of aerobic, anaerobic and cross-training workouts. These programs are built to get people of all levels across the finish line. From the first-timer to the seasoned veteran, you will find the right training program for you. Click here to find out more.